About Me

My photo
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
I am a lawyer in Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada who enjoys reading, especially mysteries. Since 2000 I have been writing personal book reviews. This blog includes my reviews, information on and interviews with authors and descriptions of mystery bookstores I have visited. I strive to review all Saskatchewan mysteries. Other Canadian mysteries are listed under the Rest of Canada. As a lawyer I am always interested in legal mysteries. I have a separate page for legal mysteries. Occasionally my reviews of legal mysteries comment on the legal reality of the mystery. You can follow the progression of my favourite authors with up to 15 reviews. Each year I select my favourites in "Bill's Best of ----". As well as current reviews I am posting reviews from 2000 to 2011. Below my most recent couple of posts are the posts of Saskatchewan mysteries I have reviewed alphabetically by author. If you only want a sentence or two description of the book and my recommendation when deciding whether to read the book look at the bold portion of the review. If you would like to email me the link to my email is on the profile page.

Monday, December 6, 2010



37.) The Quiet Game by Greg Iles – Penn Cage returns to Natchez, Mississippi to solve the 30 year old killing of a black man. Lots of plots and subplots. Excellent (Oct. 2/00)



39.) The Heir Hunter – by Chris Larsgaard – A mystery featuring an heir hunter pursuing the descendants of a mysterious German amidst the FBI and the bad guys. Good; paperback (Oct. 17/00)

38.) The Visitant by Kathleen O’Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear – The first book of the Anasazi Mysteries. A mystery set in the SW U.S.A. with parallel stories in the 20th Century and the 13th Century. Archeology and witchcraft all together – A good book (library); paperback buy. (Oct. 13/00)

No comments:

Post a Comment