About Me

My photo
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
I am a lawyer in Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada who enjoys reading, especially mysteries. Since 2000 I have been writing personal book reviews. This blog includes my reviews, information on and interviews with authors and descriptions of mystery bookstores I have visited. I strive to review all Saskatchewan mysteries. Other Canadian mysteries are listed under the Rest of Canada. As a lawyer I am always interested in legal mysteries. I have a separate page for legal mysteries. Occasionally my reviews of legal mysteries comment on the legal reality of the mystery. You can follow the progression of my favourite authors with up to 15 reviews. Each year I select my favourites in "Bill's Best of ----". As well as current reviews I am posting reviews from 2000 to 2011. Below my most recent couple of posts are the posts of Saskatchewan mysteries I have reviewed alphabetically by author. If you only want a sentence or two description of the book and my recommendation when deciding whether to read the book look at the bold portion of the review. If you would like to email me the link to my email is on the profile page.

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The Flowers of 2020

As summer winds down I took some photos a couple of weeks ago of the flowers in our backyard. The lilies bloomed later this year but have been worth the wait. The delphiniums have reached up 6' from the ground.




















The flowers brighten our days through the summer.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, those are gorgeous, Bill. Thanks for sharing. With everything going on in the world, it's good to see beautiful flowers. I like those reminders that the world keeps turning, if I can put it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margot: Thanks for the comment. We seem to live in an ever angrier world. Maybe we all could benefit by some contemplation of beautiful flowers.

      Delete
  2. The flowers are lovely, Bill. I especially like the peachy-reddish lilies with the yellow centers. And the delphiniums are impressive. I agree, flowers brighten our days. Glen and I have enjoyed the hummingbird that has been visiting the cuphea plants and we just got a lion's tail that attracts hummingbirds too. We hope it lasts through the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TracyK: Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed the photos you recently posted.

      Delete
  3. I found your blog via Tracy's and coincidentally I just finished a book set in Saskatchewan. In addition to being a mystery fan, I have always been interested in historical fiction about WWII, including stories about evacuees. Recently, someone recommended author Lynne Reid Banks' book, Uprooted, a fictionalized version of the years she, her mother, and cousin spent in Saskatoon as war guests. It was very interesting, particularly as a look at Canada during WWII.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CLM: Thanks for the comment. Please drop by again.

      Delete