About Me

My photo
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
I am a lawyer in Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada who enjoys reading, especially mysteries. Since 2000 I have been writing personal book reviews. This blog includes my reviews, information on and interviews with authors and descriptions of mystery bookstores I have visited. I strive to review all Saskatchewan mysteries. Other Canadian mysteries are listed under the Rest of Canada. As a lawyer I am always interested in legal mysteries. I have a separate page for legal mysteries. Occasionally my reviews of legal mysteries comment on the legal reality of the mystery. You can follow the progression of my favourite authors with up to 15 reviews. Each year I select my favourites in "Bill's Best of ----". As well as current reviews I am posting reviews from 2000 to 2011. Below my most recent couple of posts are the posts of Saskatchewan mysteries I have reviewed alphabetically by author. If you only want a sentence or two description of the book and my recommendation when deciding whether to read the book look at the bold portion of the review. If you would like to email me the link to my email is on the profile page.

Thursday, December 9, 2010



10. – 60.) The Devil’s Code by John Sandford – Kidd and LuEllen set out to find why a fellow hacker was killed. They are caught up in unravelling a scheme involving an encryption chip and a hacker attack on the IRS. The preferred communication is e-mail and lots of tips for burglary. A good story; at least paperback. (Mar. 26/01) 

9. – 59.) The Last Precinct by Patricia Cornwell – Chief Medical Examiner, Kay Scarpetta, is personally under investigation for murder while trying to prove the guilt of a modern day werewolf. Hardcover. (Mar. 20/01)

8. – 58.) Mortal Fear by Greg Iles – A serial killer stalks his victims over the internet. An interesting thesis but not his best book. Paperback buy for me. (Mar. 11/01)

7. – 57.) The Kill Artist by Daniel Silva – Another international thriller. Art restorer, Gabriel Allon, is called out of retirement by the Mossad to pursue an old Palestinian rival, Tariq, who is threatening the Mideast peace process. Not as good a book as The Marching Season but a better ending. (Library – paperback) (Feb. 20/01)

6. – 56.) O is for Outlaw by Sue Grafton – Kinsey Milhone works to find out why her first ex-husband was shot. Excellent mystery and study of her character (past and present). (Feb. 14/01)

5. – 55.) Slaves of Obsession by Anne Perry – William and Hester Monk investigate the death of a London arms dealer in a case that takes them to the American Civil War. A good story but not her best. Paperback buy. (Feb. 5/01)

No comments:

Post a Comment