About Me

My photo
Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada
I am a lawyer in Melfort, Saskatchewan, Canada who enjoys reading, especially mysteries. Since 2000 I have been writing personal book reviews. This blog includes my reviews, information on and interviews with authors and descriptions of mystery bookstores I have visited. I strive to review all Saskatchewan mysteries. Other Canadian mysteries are listed under the Rest of Canada. As a lawyer I am always interested in legal mysteries. I have a separate page for legal mysteries. Occasionally my reviews of legal mysteries comment on the legal reality of the mystery. You can follow the progression of my favourite authors with up to 15 reviews. Each year I select my favourites in "Bill's Best of ----". As well as current reviews I am posting reviews from 2000 to 2011. Below my most recent couple of posts are the posts of Saskatchewan mysteries I have reviewed alphabetically by author. If you only want a sentence or two description of the book and my recommendation when deciding whether to read the book look at the bold portion of the review. If you would like to email me the link to my email is on the profile page.

Friday, December 10, 2010



15. – 65.) King Con by Stephen J. Cannell - Beano X. Bates, King Con, links up with a beautiful assistant D.A., "Tricky Vicky" Hart, to gain revenge on Joe "Dancer" Rina. A modern "The Sting" it is ready to be made into a T.V. movie. Maybe paperback. (May 29/01)

14. – 64.) Death in Holy Orders by P.D. James - Adam Dagleish goes to a small Anglican seminary and ends up investigating the murder of a trustee Archdeacon. Well written but not her best. (May 23/01)

13. – 63.) Warlock by Wilbur Smith – Taita works with Pharoah Nefer and Queen Mintaka to unite the Kingdoms of Upper and Lower Egypt from a false Paroah and a Hykos – Gord; not his best (May 1/01)

12. – 62.) The Xibalba Murders by Lyn Hamilton – Archeologist, Lara McClintoch, travels from Toronto to the Yucatan to solve a murder involving modern and ancient Mayas. A good book but the villain was too easy. Papberback. (Apr. 13/01)




11. – 61.) Darkness More than Night by Michael Connelly – Terry McCaleb ends up investigating Harry Bosch for the murder of a loner with clues featuring Hieronymus Bosch. The plot seemed forced to me. Good but not his best. Still hardcover. (Apr. 6/01)

No comments:

Post a Comment